Present and ready to learn
Good attendance and punctuality are an important part of a studentʼs education. Moreover, attendance and participation in class are integral parts of the teaching and learning process, and regular attendance and punctuality develops patterns of behaviour which are essential to successful personal, social and professional life.
As the school regards “parents as partners”, we ask you to work with us to ensure that our students attend regularly and arrive on time each day, fit and ready to learn.
The John F. Kennedy School expects all students:
- to arrive on time in the morning
- to be fit and ready to learn
- to attend school regularly
Arrival on time: 08.10 – 08.15
Between 08.10 and 08.15 students should report to their homeroom teacher. This will give time for the homeroom teacher to check that each student is present and has the necessary “tools for learning”. This time will also be used to give and discuss news and information. At 08.20 students will be in their first lesson, ready to learn.
Please note the following:
- The school records all late arrivals.
- Regular poor timekeeping is disruptive to the studentʼs progress and is a habit not to be developed. It also adversely affects the learning of other students.
- If you know that your child will be late for school, please call the school by 08.20.
- You may not be aware that your child is late for school – s/he may leave home in adequate time for school and delay on the way. If your child is not at school by 08.30, the school will call the parents, to ensure that s/he is safely at home.
Autumn School Day Schedule
|Arrival||08:05 – 08:20||15 minutes in classroom as children arrive|
|period 1||8:20 – 9:10||50 minutes session|
|period 2||9:10 – 10:00||50 minutes session|
|Break||10:00 – 10:25||25 minutes break|
|period 3||10:25 – 11:15||50 minutes session|
|period 4||11:15 – 12:05||50 minutes session|
|Lunch||12:05 – 13:15||12:05 Eat – 12:40 Play 13:00 line up/Tidy up|
|period 5||13:15 – 14:05||50 minutes session|
|period 6||14:05 – 14:55||50 minutes session|
|period 7||14:55 – 15:45|| 14:55 end of classes for R/Y1
50 minutes session
|End of classes||15:45||Classes finish|
Please note that all children should be in their classroom/homeroom ready for the day at 8:10, children arriving after 8:15 will be marked late.