Camp and Boarding House Assistant
The Camp and Boarding House Assistant reports directly to the Camp Manager with whom she will meet regularly, providing advice, feedback and information as required.
The Camp and Boarding House Assistant is to act as a leader and provide participants with a fun and educational camp experience. She will maintain a positive relationship with staff, parents and campers.
- Active involvement in the operation and delivery of the Camp programs
- Participate in daytime activities coordinated by Alpinezentrum
- Assist with planning and implement Camp programs (daytime and night time)
- Ensure all inventories are maintained and kept orderly (i.e. stationery, games, snacks, etc)
- Participate in daily/weekly staff meetings with Camp Manager & Alpinezentrum
- Assist with responding to parent questions and concerns promptly to ensure customer satisfaction
- Contribute to and create photo / video collages with Camp Manager
- Help track attendance (sign in/sign out sheets)
- Ensure programs run on schedule and all required supplies are purchased
- Monitor and ensure the safety of all Campers at all times
- Review, complete and follow up on incident/accident reports and report the Camp Manager
- Positively support Campers in keeping with the Camp agreements and code of conduct
- Be a positive role model to all Campers
- Ensure neatness and cleanliness at all times in personal room and in the
- Help to keep premises clean and operating smoothly as needed
- Ensure First Aid is administered promptly
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure bedding is changed before each arrival and each bedroom is tidy and
- clean during and after the occupancy.
- Coordinate with Camp Manager to ensure medication and allergy information
- for each Camper is up-to-date
- Be responsible and on call at all times for parents’ queries
- Supervising Campers during meal periods (either during excursion or in
- High energy, self-starter
- A keen interest in extra curricular activities and outdoor education
- Experience teaching or working with children in a camp or school setting would be considered and asset
- Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Strong computer skills, able to enter data accurately and efficiently
- Empathy for children’s needs and feelings across the age range
- Must hold or looking to gain a First Aid certificate and a valid Swiss Driving License
- The entire School site is a non-smoking area.
- All meals are provided for camp staff during the duration of the Summer Camp.
- Camp and Boarding House team members are not allowed to consume any alcoholic beverages during Camp events, weekend outings and activities.
- Overnight stays by third persons and use of the facilities must be authorised
- ahead of time by the School Director.
- The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- and persons appointed to the Swiss Outdoor Camp must be willing to undergo
- child protection screening as deemed appropriate to the post
Cover / Supply Teacher
- Cover teaching required for IPC (Grades 1 – 5) classes, IMYC (Grade 6- 9) for several subjects such as:
- Music and Drama
- Contributing positively to the collaborative culture and ethos of the school.
- Attending whole school and departmental meetings as required.
- Supporting the social and emotional well-being of the students in their classes.
- Liaising with the Homeroom, Grade Level Teachers and IPC/IMYC Coordinator to ensure that the programme requirements are met within the classes taught.
- Demonstrating effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Using technology to enhance learning.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current classroom teacher qualification to teach at Primary and Middle School level.
- Minimum 3 years recent and relevant Primary and Middle School classroom experience.
- Experience in an international school environment advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of the IPC/IMYC is advantageous.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Empathy and strong social skills.
- Valid Swiss work permit
Terms and conditions
The contract will be on an on-call basis and generous salary conditions will apply.
Information to Job Applicants
John F. Kennedy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a criminal check.
Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following documents:
- Your CV
- A letter of application
- Contact details of two referees, including your current employer (if available):
- Email address
- A copy of your passport
We will consider your application only all documentation has been received. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Kindly be advised that only EU / Swiss nationals/permit holders will be considered due to strict visa regulations.
Head of Business & Administration
To our great regret, changes to Swiss law have made it extremely difficult for international schools like JFK to obtain work permits for non-EU citizens. For this reason, applicants without EU passports or Swiss work permits are advised that this greatly reduces their chances of being put on a short list.