Cover / Supply Teacher
- Cover teaching required for IPC (Grades 1 – 5) classes, IMYC (Grade 6- 9) for several subjects such as:
- Music and Drama
- Contributing positively to the collaborative culture and ethos of the school.
- Attending whole school and departmental meetings as required.
- Supporting the social and emotional well-being of the students in their classes.
- Liaising with the Homeroom, Grade Level Teachers and IPC/IMYC Coordinator to ensure that the programme requirements are met within the classes taught.
- Demonstrating effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Using technology to enhance learning.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current classroom teacher qualification to teach at Primary and Middle School level.
- Minimum 3 years recent and relevant Primary and Middle School classroom experience.
- Experience in an international school environment advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of the IPC/IMYC is advantageous.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Empathy and strong social skills.
- Valid Swiss work permit
Terms and conditions
The contract will be on an on-call basis and generous salary conditions will apply.
Information to Job Applicants
John F. Kennedy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a criminal check.
Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following documents:
- Your CV
- A letter of application
- Contact details of two referees, including your current employer (if available):
- Email address
- A copy of your passport
We will consider your application only all documentation has been received. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Kindly be advised that only EU / Swiss nationals/permit holders will be considered due to strict visa regulations.
Head of Business & Administration
To our great regret, changes to Swiss law have made it extremely difficult for international schools like JFK to obtain work permits for non-EU citizens. For this reason, applicants without EU passports or Swiss work permits are advised that this greatly reduces their chances of being put on a short list.