Swiss Outdoor Camp & Boarding Assistant (no positions available any more)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
The Camp and Boarding House Assistant reports directly to the Camp Manager with whom he/she will meet regularly, providing advice, feedback and information as required.
The Camp and Boarding House Assistant is to act as a leader and provide participants with a fun and educational camp experience. He/She will provide guidance and support for all camp staff and maintain a positive relationship with staff, parents and campers.
- Active involvement in the operation and delivery of the camp programs
- Participate in daytime activities coordinated by AlpineZentrum
- Assist with planning and implement camp programs (daytime and night time)
- Ensure all inventories are maintained and kept orderly (i.e. stationery, games, snacks, etc)
- Participate in daily/weekly staff meetings with Camp Manager & AlpineZentrum
- Assist with responding to parent questions and concerns promptly to ensure customer satisfaction
- Contribute to and create photo / video collages with Camp Manager
- Help track attendance (sign in/sign out sheets)
- Ensure programs run on schedule and all required supplies are purchased
- Monitor and ensure the safety of all campers at all times
- Review, complete and follow up on incident/accident reports and report to Camp Manager
- Positively support campers in keeping with the camp agreements and code of conduct
- Be a positive role model to all campers
- Ensure neatness and cleanliness at all times in personal room and in the boarding house
- Help to keep premises clean and operating smoothly as needed
- Ensure First Aid is administered promptly
- Other duties as assigned
- An effective manager of people.
- A person with efficient organisational skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the life of the school / camp.
- Empathy for children’s needs and feelings across the age range
- Must hold a current First Aid certificate and a valid Swiss / European Driving License
- A person prepared to actively promote the school’s / camp’s values and to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- A sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A person suitable to work with children.
Information to Job Applicants
John F. Kennedy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a criminal check.
Please send by email to email@example.com with all of the following documents:
- Your CV
- A letter of application
- Contact details of two referees, including your current employer (if available):
- Email address
- A copy of your passport
We will consider your application only all documentation has been received. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Kindly be advised that only EU / Swiss nationals/permit holders will be considered due to strict visa regulations.
Head of Business & Administration
To our great regret, changes to Swiss law have made it extremely difficult for international schools like JFK to obtain work permits for non-EU citizens. For this reason, applicants without EU passports or Swiss work permits are advised that this greatly reduces their chances of being put on a short list.