On the first week, JFK Family BBQ and hike from Saanenmöser to Saanen
We would like to invite you to the JFK Family BBQ and hike next Friday 10th September 2021. We will have normal classes until 10.45 and will then take the train up to Saanenmöser. After playing games and enjoying the playground in front of the train station, we will have lunch and then hike back to school. The hike is easy as it is flat or downhill towards Schönried and Saanen.
However it will be too long for the Play School students. Parents would need to pick-up their children directly after lunch or can hike on their own decision with their children to Schönried or Saanen.
- Children arrive, classes begin
- Homeroom teachers will walk over to the train station with their students
- All students and staff will take the train to Saanenmöser (arriving 11:39)
- BBQ begins at the playground beside the two tennis courts in Saanenmöser
- Pick-up for all Play School students in Saanenmöser
- Reception – Year 9 students start hiking down to Saanen in groups
- Pick-up time for day students at Play School field / Matti Parking
To be worn on Friday:
- JFK Trekking/Hiking pants or Bermuda shorts
- JFK Sport t-shirt
- JFK Baseball cap
To be brought on Friday in a small backpack:
- JFK softshell (if weather is cold)
- Filled water bottle
- Sun cream
- JFK Track suit top
- Hiking boots
- Hiking socks
- JFK rain jacket
- JFK rain pants
- Sun glasses
Parents have the choice to join the students at 11:17 with the train or to be at the playground between 12 – 13:00 to join for lunch (next train at 12:16)
Please send us an email by Wednesday, 8th September, indicating the number of people (all students are signed-up already) who would like to have lunch. Make sure you have a valid train ticket.
We are all looking forward spending a nice afternoon as a big JFK family!